This full-body treatment helps to promote relaxation and recovery from the stresses of modern life. It focusses on improving the flow of lymph throughout the body, helping digestion, as well as encouraging the nervous system to switch from ‘fight or flight’ to ‘rest and digest’.
Urban living has exposed us all to a variety of physical and emotional stressors, including pollutants, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, heavy metals, and negative emotions. Over time, the body’s own detoxification pathways can get overwhelmed. Signs that you might need a Detox Massage include:
* Sluggish digestion, constipation, IBS and bloating.
* Headaches and brain fog.
* Skin issues such as rashes, eczema and acne.
* Poor or disturbed sleep and fatigue.
* Repeated infections and poor resilience to stress.
* Poor exercise recovery and general aches and pains.
* Peri-menstrual tension.
After a short consultation, your therapist will devise a tailored treatment to target specific areas that might need more support. The massage can include elements of manual lymphatic drainage, abdominal massage, stimulation of neuro-lymphatic points, deep tissue work, reflexology, as well as facial massage.